Each day, the public transport sector provides the transport of millions of passengers in and between cities in a number of forms; trains, subway trains, streetcars, buses, ferries, etc... A typical characteristic of this sector is to provide services to the passengers according to a strict timetable. All this, to ensure a reliable service.
What is of key importance to the sector?
- Guarantee the highest possible availability of means of transport
- The possibility of monitoring the fuel consumption per transport, including the driven miles
- Planning of maintenance work on the basis of maintenance locations
Why Rimses for the public transport sector?
- With the graphical planning tables, the maintenance department gets an instant overview of the work to be performed (including forecasts) and the availability of the executors.
- The stock management ensures that the stocks of your critical parts are kept up.
- The system supports a solid cost monitoring of both maintenance and material consumption per means of transport. As such, you are perfectly able to get an idea of the total cost price of the transport, balanced with the initial purchase price.
- The system provides you with a logistics and maintenance follow-up of spare parts. Spare parts are typical parts that you assemble and disassemble in order to be maintained in a workshop. Of great importance to this sector is that you know where a spare part has been built in, who executed a repair and which repair tasks have been done.
- With the planned maintenance, you can easily organize the preventive maintenance. The execution of imposed controls by laws and regulations can also be easily organized with the planned maintenance.
- With Rimses, you are actually able to guarantee a large availability of your means of transport and the safety of the users.
- The system forces the maintenance organization to closely follow the maintenance work.
These functions are available in the products:
Also interesting for this industry:
- HTM Personenvervoer (Haagse Tramweg-Maatschappij)
- STAS (Trams Metro Publiek transport St Etienne)